Being an INFJ-T? | Part 1



Assalamualaikum readers.

This post is inspired by my old novel written by Hlovate, 5 Tahun 5 Bulan. I feel that it's interesting to take up a personality quiz and elaborate on how accurate it is compared to the real you. I had taken the quiz back in 2018 and the latest, 2020. Amazingly, the results are still the same. I think I haven't changed so much in terms of personality. Yup, I am INFJ-T.

Taking this quiz back in 2018 helped me to realize that it's okay to live with this personality. You don't have to beat yourself up for who you are. I used to think that living with this rarest personality is tiring, but when I try to accept the way I am functioning, I saw an upsurge in my self-esteem and self-confidence (even if it is not as huge as someone could imagine. #Cough. But still, there's an improvement.... #Sigh)

// 

Alright. Let's start.
"..They can become overly involved in the problems of others. This involvement might even generate a kind of hyper-empathy where these personalities identify too much with those they seek to help..."
#I admit that this is true. Sometimes I realize that I can easily absorb the emotion of others. I am highly perceptive of others, but choose to remain silent unless they voluntarily seek help or motivation. 

"....Turbulent Advocates are more willing to exaggerate the impact of something that bothers them or hurts the people they care about. People with this personality type often interpret things as being far worse than they are. ..."
#Personally, such exaggeration is not on purpose. I guess this is one of the ways of being empathetic? 

"...Turbulent Advocates, in comparison, are more likely to go beyond simply wanting people in their lives. These personalities feel more of a need for others and are more affected by what others think of them. "
#Urgh, I hate to admit that this is so accurate! Back then, I realize that I am easily affected by what others think about me. It's easy for me to sensitively and emotionally over-analyze the texts, emails, and comments. Now, I am STILL struggling to slowly get rid of this trait and avoid getting injustice negative thinking to ruin me. 

“Who are you helping by stressing over what someone may or may not think about you? You can’t control it. Stop trying to find affirmation that people dislike you. Stop finding ways to hate yourself.”

I realize that if I am against myself, how do I expect to thrive and put those amazing qualities and talents I have within myself to use? The world needs me at my best :) Pedulik kata orang. Ah susah tahu!

38% of Turbulent Advocates find it easy to make an important decision without consulting anyone first, compared to 71% of Assertive Advocates.

- “RELYING ON OTHERS” SURVEY
#I find this accurate on certain important things. For instance, deciding to pursue my master's, how long should I take the course, 1 or 2 years? Is it okay to work while studying? All those things need consultation and then I can decide on what I actually want. 

However, on the other hand, when trying to make decisions on non-personal things, I found it tooooo difficult. I can't make up my mind. I can only suggest 'over-numbered' alternatives that can only make the problems more complicated T.T

//

Ah, it's already past 9am. The 'office' is calling. I hope I can make another part for this type of post. 

//

Ps: Since the first day when I keep restraining myself from writing on my favourite platforms, i.e Instagram and Whatsapp, undeniably, the urge to write had never stopped. In fact, everything that lingers in my mind becomes more messed up as I can't channel it out like I used to. Urgh, I feel sick. 

I realize that writing helps to declutter my mind. But I decided not to write on social media anymore except for this blog. I don't know how long this will last, but at least I tried. Haha!

Fafa Kyraa

Comments